Happy Friday or whatever!
Is it humid AF where you are? I forgot that Providence summers are like living in a swamp. I take it as lung capacity practice for my asthmatic lungs.
Aside from the permanent film that lives on my skin, this summer is such a vibe. Definitely a hermit vibe as a of late, but I feel like Cancer season had everyone in the
feral fetal position. Every. Summer. Cancer season does something wild to me.
With my homies at least, it seems like everyone is getting their groove back while also switching shit up and making some maejor changes. It seems like a collective theme right now — is it just my friends or is that you, too?
I’ve spent this week sticking to a structured daily schedule. I’m deep into envisioning what I want for myself while wrapping up any lingering projects so that I can make space for the magic that I’m asking for.
This year, I banned myself from self help books, but then I maed it halfway through The Big Leap before I realized the self help gods trapped me! I read it a few months ago and it’s definitely played a part in the change that I’m asking for.
Before you start journaling about your 5-year plan…
💻 Let's dive in!
- I recently rediscovered some throwback GoldLink and I’ve had it on repeat like it’s 2015. Til this day, he’s my favorite person to see in concert.
- This week’s episode of And Just Like That was definitely the best of the series so far, no? And so much pretty winter fashion! I’m so happy Steve finally went off.
- This is the side of economics that gets me tingly!
- “When you don’t have trauma to deal with, you have enough brain capacity to take the time to make healthy choices.”
- I was just telling #245 that I used to get so annoyed with my mom growing up because she would tell me that I was so intelligent yet I had no common sense. Now that I'm older I can say...she was entirely right. 😭
- What are your values?
- I watch this about once a week and I cry every time. 🤣
- Kanye really is a creative genius. And this is a dissertation.
- Ryan Leslie is back on the media circuit and this time it’s to promo his new educational platform, WealthPlan™️. What can he not do?!
🛍️ Buy of the Week
I owe most of my cozy productivity to this wide desk chair. If, like me, you enjoy squirming around or sitting cross-legged while you work, you need this.
I especially like that it doesn’t have wheels so it helps me stay in place. The only thing I don’t like is that it’s squeaky.
💼 Self Maed
- Here is a 🔥 example of how to create an effective Calendly event. I’m going to switch my shit up ASAP.
- One of the maevens put me on to this international payment platform. It’s giving Wise.
- Ever since $100M Offers, one of the most impactful business books I’ve read, I’ve been waiting for the follow up: $100M Leads and it’s finally here! I’m gonna nerd out at the virtual launch party — join me!
- Have you noticed a considerable decrease in sales? If so, you're not alone and it's to be expected. Here are 7 strategies to avoid a summer sales slump.
- I’m hosting my first plant-based cooking class since liiike…March 2021? This class is especially for the meat eaters who’d like to incorporate more veggies into their meals (and have it actually taste good). We’re making 3 simple staples: a soup, a salad and a sandwich. See you on the 9th!
- My latest course, The Podcast Blueprint, kicks off Monday, July 31st. You keep going back and forth about launching a podcast — I’m going to teach you how to do it in just 7 days! Your people are waiting to hear from you.
- I have 2 spots left for personalized coaching with me in Q3. You choose between business coaching (how to strategically create and launch a new business as an online service provider) or performance coaching (lifestyle management, healthy habits, boundaries and accountability). I’d love to hear about your business goals and tackle your roadblocks with you. Schedule some time for us to chat.
- As always, you have two consultations to choose from - one for the new side hustlers and one for the OGs.
I’m still balls-deep into an Insecure binge and I’m having the time of my life. This show really is the greatest of my generation.
Have you peeped the new Jamie Foxx movie, They Cloned Tyrone? I really don’t even know what it’s about, but you had me at Jamie Foxx. 😏